March 16, 2015

Simply Adorable Baby Names for Boys



I wrote about adorable names for girls last week, and now it's time to uncover a few boys names fit for swaddling, cooing, and cuddling.


I wanted to keep this one darling and easy peasy, since my real job (which I love, of course!) takes up quite a bit of my time. Take a look at my disclaimer written for the girls:
One of the things I love most about names is that they are subjective. They communicate very personal things: style, values, beliefs, and heritage. So while every person would make a different list of names that feel adorable, a little bit of a pattern emerged when I was on the hunt for these names.
So with that out of the way, here's what I found after calling on my name-loving friends.

Boys' names that seem to stage whisper "adorable" include...
  • Cuter Than a Button Endings
    most popular was in "ie/y" sound, with double consonants not far behind in the form of "tt," "nn," and "ll"
  • The Two-Syllable Sweet Spot
    not so short that they feel brisk or bold, but not so long they come across as formal
  • Contemporary Cuties
    bonus points for contemporary choices that end with y or come with a unique nickname
  • Old-Fashioned Charmers
    a few are vintage favorites that never fail to please
Did you notice the contradictions there? The boys' list I compiled is just a bit more difficult to pinpoint than what I found for the girls. Some are very rare, others are wildly popular. Some are  contemporary creations that lean unisex, others are distinctively masculine names from a century ago. Part of that is because of my unscientific approach, so repeat after me: don't take this list too seriously.

And while there may not be an exact formula to create names that will spread #adorbs, #totespresh and other dictionary-shaming accolades around the web, it seems that between the charming endings, darling associations, and nickname potential, these names are perfect at expressing puppy-eyed innocence.

So here it is—an unscientific, just-for-fun sampling of adorable boy names freshly picked for your inspiration.
  • Abel
  • Angel
  • Asher
  • Beau
  • Bennett
  • Bixby
  • Caleb
  • Casey
  • Colby
  • Dylan
  • Emmett
  • Everett
  • Dashiell
  • Finn
  • Gentry
  • Huxley
  • Jamie
  • Lucas
  • Miles
  • Noah
  • Oliver
  • Owen
  • Romeo
  • Tatum
  • Theodore
  • Tucker 
  • Willoughby
  • Wyatt
If you were looking for a name that's simply adorable, I hope you found it! Here's the list of adorable baby names for girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment